August is just around the corner, which means last minute logistics are underway for the Upper Peninsula Health System Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic to be held on Saturday, August 11th. Last year’s race was a huge success, thanks in part to all of the volunteers who so generously gave their time and talents to a wonderful community event. If there is any way you could help us get some last minute volunteers we would be so grateful! Below are some examples of what we need volunteers for.
Help us to continue this tradition of outstanding community involvement. Volunteers are needed for every aspect of the race, from registration the night before to the awards ceremony immediately following.
· Thursday Bag Stuffing at Lakeview at 6 pm
· Friday Night Registration from 6-9:30 pm at Lakeview Arena
· Saturday Road Crossing, various positions 9-12 and 12-3
· Saturday Race Start Aids
· Saturday Bag Pick Up
· Saturday Youth Race 3pm-6pm
· Saturday Race Clean-Up 4pm-6pm
· Saturday Information Booth 9am-4pm
· Saturday Bike Corral 9am-4pm
· Saturday Awards 6pm-10pm
· Saturday Race Receipts 11am-6pm
· Saturday Registration 7am-9am
If you are able to volunteer, please contact the Ore to Shore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-370-7223 to express your interest. Someone from the race committee will be in touch to assign and confirm volunteer responsibilities.
Two hours or more of volunteering and you will receive a great Ore to Shore t-shirt. Encourage friends, family and neighbors to volunteer and make this year’s Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic a total community experience!