The Going PRO Talent Fund (formerly the Skilled Trades Training Fund or STTF) will offer $27 million to Michigan businesses for training this year. The Talent Fund began in 2013 to provide funds to companies for short-term, in-demand training and is not limited to “skilled trade” occupations. Training has included welding, CNC operator, CNC programmer, robotics, IT training, electronic health records, and on-the-job training for individuals to be hired.
Training application period is September 12 – October 3, 2018 and must be secured through Michigan Works!. Training funds will be utilized from December 2018 – December 2019, with up to $1,500 available to individuals for training and up to $3,000 for individuals in apprenticeships.
During the 2018 fiscal year, UPWARD Talent Council Michigan Works! awarded $685,097 to 33 companies in the Upper Peninsula. This resulted in 102 training opportunities for 198 new hires and 438 existing employees.
UPWARD Talent Council Michigan Works! will hold informational sessions across the Upper Peninsula to assist employers access the Going Pro Talent Funds. Companies will also learn how to create a solid, competitive proposal, as well as the services and assistance available through UPWARD Talent Council Michigan Works! throughout the Talent Fund process.
Information session schedule:
- HANCOCK 435 Quincy St | Sept 5, 9-11 am, 2-4 pm, 6-8 pm EST
- IRON MOUNTAIN 127 South Stephenson Ave | Aug 30, 10-12 pm CST
- IRONWOOD 222 East Ayer St | Aug 30, 10-12 pm CST | Sept 7, 10-12 pm CST
- MARQUETTE 1498 O’Dovero Dr | Aug 30, 1-3 pm EST
- MENOMINEE 1605 University Dr, Marinette, WI | Sept 6, 10-12 am CST
- MUNISING 413 Maple St | Sept 5, 1-3 pm EST
- NEWBERRY 302 East McMillan Ave | Aug 29, 10-12 pm EST
- ONTONAGON 429 East River St | Aug 29, 10-12 pm | Sept 6, 10-12 pm EST
- SAULT STE MARIE 2345 Meridian St | Aug 30, 10-12 pm EST
To RSVP to attend a session or if you have questions, please direct your emails to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook at @UPMichiganWorks to stay up-to-date with the latest job postings, hiring events, and resume tips and tricks.