The Menominee-Delta-Schoolcraft Community Action Agency Emergency Food Assistance Program (quarterly distribution) has been scheduled for early December. The program is for residents who qualify with household income below 200 percent (1 person-$2,010/month, two people-$2,707/month) of the federal poverty guidelines.
Residents do not have to pre-register but must self-declare their income at the time of receiving commodities. Participants must be at last 18 years old.
All food items are available on a first come, first serve basis. List of items to be distributed is not available.
For more information, contact your local Senior Center, or Community Action at (906) 786-7080, or visit www.mdscaa.org.
Delta County distributions are scheduled for:
- ESCANABA (786-8850) – Friday, Dec. 7, U.P. State Fairgrounds Butler Building, 9 a.m. to noon. New participants asked to preregister at Escanaba Senior Center, 225 N. 21st St., by Dec. 7.
- GLADSTONE (428-2201) — Friday, Dec. 7, Gladstone Senior Center, 303 N. 8th St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- ROCK-PERKINS (356-6420) – Thursday, Dec. 6, Rock Senior Center, 3892 W Maple Ridge 37th Rd., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- RAPID RIVER (474-9039) – Wednesday, Dec. 5, Rapid River Omni Center, 10574 N. Main St., 10-noon.
- GARDEN (341-2452) – Wednesday, Dec. 5, Garden Community Center, 2-3 p.m.
Menominee County distributions are scheduled for:
- MENOMINEE (863-2158) – Friday, Dec. 7, Menominee Senior Center, 905 10th St., 8-11 a.m.
- MID COUNTY — (753-6986) – Wednesday, Dec. 5, Mid County Senior Center, 292 S. Hwy 41, Daggett, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- HERMANSVILLE (498-7736) – Friday, Dec. 7, Hermansville Senior/Community Center, W5480 1st St., 9-noon, 1-2.
Schoolcraft County distributions are scheduled for:
- MANISTIQUE (341-2452) – Thursday, Dec. 6, Manistique VFW Hall, 344 N. Maple St., 9:30-noon.
- GERMFASK (586-9697) – Thursday, Dec. 6, Germfask Township Hall, 8093 Pine St., 9-noon.