12/02/2018 @ 10:17 the City of Ishpeming Fire Department, Ishpeming Township Fire Department and Marquette County 131 were dispatched to a residence at 2004 Washington Street in Ishpeming by Marquette County Central Dispatch.
The homeowner and his Grandson smelled smoke and found an upstairs bedroom engulfed in fire, the homeowner called 911 to report the fire. The homeowner used a fire extinguisher in an attempt to knock down the fire, but heat and smoke drove them out of the residence.
Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy smoke on the second floor of the home. Firefighters made entrance into the structure and found an upstairs bedroom on fire. Firefighters knocked down the fire shortly after arrival and contained the fire to the bedroom.
The structure was ventilated and fire crews remained on scene for about an hour.
The cause of the fire is believed to be an unattended candle in the bedroom.
Also assisting on scene was UPPCO, SEMCO, UP Health System Bell EMS and the Marquette County Sheriff’s Department.
No injuries were reported.